Dean W. Cherpitel
I am the Managing Partner and co-founder of Legacy Wealth Planning, L.L.C. I have spent 35 years in the financial services industry. My work experience involves 22 years as a licensed securities registered representative and licensed insurance representative, and 13 years as a Fee-Only advisor. During 5 of those 13 years, I also served as a trust officer and have done income tax preparation for 10 years.
My passion is helping people. I feel very fortunate to be able to combine all of my experience into one discipline that was not a widely recognized occupation when I started. In retrospect, I was able to follow a blueprint very similar to one you would pursue if you came out of college today with the goal of being a financial planner. The most difficult part of the plan was to convert to a Fee-Only advisor relationship. However, it has provided the best 13 years out of the 35 year journey.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Speech Communications and Human Relations from the University of Kansas
- Chartered Financial Consultant from The American College
- Chartered Life Underwriter from The American College
- NAPFA member since 1998
- Licenses held before becoming Fee-Only
- NASD Series 22, 6 & 63
- Licensed insurance representative, Kansas & Missouri
- Former member of Methodist Church finance committee
- Current member of Methodist Church Foundation
I currently live in Overland Park, Kansas with my wife Brenda. We have two children, a son and daughter who are both living on their own.
Matthew T. Bray
I am a Partner, co-founder and Director of Client Services at Legacy Wealth Planning, L.L.C.
I have accumulated fifteen years working in the financial services industry. My work experience during those years has encompassed operations for both a state chartered independent trust company and registered investment advisory firms. Additionally, I have been in charge of compliance for 5 of those years and worked as an associate advisor during that time.
Although, I have maintained my roles in both operations and compliance, I really enjoy working face to face with clients. My experience in the investment management arena and liaison with National Advisor’s Trust provides me with a different perspective during client interactions. It allows me to help clients understand how procedures will apply to the changes they need to make.
My goal moving forward is to balance the needs of my operations and compliance roles with my role as an advisor, working directly with clients, adding new clients to the firm, and continuing to support the short term operations and compliance needs of the firm. As I do more client work, my role will evolve into a supervisory position, managing a team of operations and compliance professionals.
- Vice-President of Operations for Legacy Trust Company
- Operations Supervisor for Legacy Wealth Partners
- Chief Compliance Officer for Legacy Wealth Partners
- NASD Series 65 Certification
- Chief Operations officer & Chief Compliance Officer for Legacy Wealth Planning
- Investment Advisor Representative for Legacy Wealth Planning
I currently live in Lenexa, Kansas and I'm an avid outdoorsman with a love of fishing, hunting, camping, hiking and sailing/boating in and around the Kansas City area. I have also been known to do quite a bit of fly fishing down in Southern Missouri, in and around the Ozark region.